Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dafodill

April Showers bring May Flowers.

But I think I appreciate the April flowers most. Tulips are coming up in the front yard. Crocuses paint up browned yards. Daffodils are poking through dead leaves. Daffodils remind me of my grandmother, which at this point yields both a smile and some tears. Some years ago, she passed away from cancer. My grandmother was an avid gardener. While my grandfather hasn't kept up her garden like she used to, the daffodils still emerge as if nothing has changed. This year my dad did some fund raising on behalf of the American Cancer Society. I'm so proud of him for that.

I think I'd like to do some sort of fund raiser as well. I'm thinking about making a clutch purse with a daffodil on it. What do you all think? Has anyone had experience selling an item for charity or a fund raiser before?

No comments:

Post a Comment