Wednesday, January 18, 2012

John's Many Crochet Hats

John has one of the first hats I ever made. Or rather, he had it. It's dark green with white trim, all done in single and double crochet. It looked quite stunning and professional for a novice hat. A year after I made it, I actually took it back to fix it when I noticed that the ends weren't sew in properly and that I could make it longer.

John then lost it some place.

 He has a tendency to lose things. Particularly winter accessories. He's been through at least 3 different pairs of gloves/mittens. I playfully threatened to not make him crochet things if he's just going to lose them! So, he asked for a different hat in blue, which he wears quite often. Unfortunately the yarn (acrylic) is fuzzing in an unattractive way so I dragged him to my local yarn shop and let him pick a couple skeins in something high quality. He selected a Peruvian wool in this color. It's called Saddle Brown.

I'm using Laughing Willow's Lazy Cable Hat Pattern. So far so good!

2 comments:

  1. Have you met ye mighty fabric shaver yet? It is possibly one of the best things that ever happened to my hat made out of Malabrigo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not heard of such a thing! Do you have any recommendations?

      Delete